On a computer by entering card details
- The buyer finalizes their cart and chooses to pay for their purchases with Bancontact.
- The merchant website redirects the buyer to the payment gateway.
- If all the parameters are present, the buyer is redirected to the Bancontact page, otherwise an intermediary page is presented to allow them to enter their information.
- The buyer enters their card data and confirms the entry.
- The buyer is redirected to the 3D Secure authentication page.
- The buyer turns on their Digipass card reader. They enter their PIN code on the Digipass and obtain an authentication code.
- The buyer authenticates him/herself on the 3D Secure page by entering the code generated by their Digipass device.
- Once the payment in accepted, the buyer is redirected to the payment page.
- The payment gateway displays the payment receipt and redirects the buyer to the merchant website.