- the amount is debited once,
- the capture delay at the bank is 0 days.
The payment is captured at the bank as soon as possible.
- The merchant site submits a payment request.
- The payment gateway initiates the cardholder’s authentication process with the issuer. The regulation imposes the cardholder authentication for all transactions CIT.
- Once the authentication (challenge or frictionless) is completed, the gateway proceeds with the authorization request by providing the cardholder’s authentication details.
- The issuer generates a unique transaction identifier and transmits it in the response to the authorization request.
- The payment gateway notifies the merchant website about the payment result.
The issuer transaction identifier is stored by the payment gateway at the transaction level.
In case the merchant duplicates the transaction ( MIT), the gateway automatically uses this identifier as a chaining reference.
In this use case, the way the chaining reference is handled is transparent to the merchant.