Adding a new field
You can enhance the list of default fields.
New fields can be added in the List of available fields area of the Form management tab:
- Click the Add button to create a new field.
- In the Configuration of the selected field area, configure the new field.
- Customize the field name in Name displayed.
- Customize the Field type according to the data that will be displayed in this new field.
- E-mail address
- Drop-down list
- Entry field
Example of new field creation:
The Merchant can create a new field using a drop-down list. This list will offer the entire line of business within one single form. It will allow buyers to specify which service they would like to pay for.
- Customize the text of the Tooltip.The tooltip is the information displayed when the cursor hovers over an element that helps the Buyer when filling in information.
- In Minimum length, redefine the minimal number of characters.
- In Maximum length, redefine the maximal number of characters.
- Check the Field to be confirmed box if you want the Buyer to confirm the entry of the field value. For example, when the Buyer enters an e-mail address, they will be required to confirm the entry in another field to ensure that they have entered the correct address.
- Click Save.
The new field is created.
When the newly created field is used in a transaction, its value can be viewed in the Extras tab of the transaction details available in the Expert Back Office.
Transactions can be viewed via the Management > Transactions menu.
- Select the transaction
- Rick click and select Display transaction details.
- Click Extras to view the new field.
This new field and its value are also displayed in the confirmation e-mail sent to the Buyer.
You can also find them in your transaction report in the INFO_EXTRA column.