Creating a token using a transaction
This action allows the user to create a token of the payment method used for the payment.
- to be validated
- waiting for capture
- capture in progress
- support payment by token,
- be supported by a non-terminated MID associated with the shop.
- Instant Payment Notification URL on an operation coming from the Back Office,
- Confirmation e-mail of token creation sent to the merchant,
- Confirmation e-mail of token creation sent to the buyer.
A line will be added to the detail summary of the original transaction in order to track the transaction.
To create a token:
- Right-click the transaction.
- Select Create a token using a
transaction. The token creation wizard appears.
- Enter the Buyer e-mail e-mail address.
- A token is generated by default in the Token ID field. You can click on the button Generate a new identifier if you wish. You also can enter your own token. You must, however, make sure it is unique.
- If you wish, you can select the used currency when checking the payment method.
This choice is useful when you have a multi-currency agreement associated with several shops, where each shop only supports one currency.
It will always be possible to use the token for making payments in any currency supported by the agreement.
- Click Next. The buyer detail entry page appears.The Token section reminds you of the specified e-mail and the created token.
- Fill in the information about the buyer.
These details are useful for buyer identification.
Fields marked with an asterisk ( *) are required.
The buyer’s “First name” and “Last name” are mandatory when creating a SEPA mandate.
- Click Create to complete the process.
If all the payment method verification processes have been successfully completed, the token detail window appears.
It mentions the Token ID. It corresponds to the newly created token. Later on, it can be used for another financial operation in your shop(s).
The token will not be created if the authorization or information request is rejected.