Notifications of “Instant Payment Notification” type (IPN)
The Notification URL is the URL of a specific page on the merchant website that is automatically called by the payment gateway when certain events take place.
- end of payment (accepted or rejected),
- payment abandoned or canceled,
- token creation or update,
- recurring payment creation,
- new installment date,
- authorization made in case of a deferred payment,
- update of a transaction status by the acquirer,
- operation made via the Expert Back Office (cancellation, refund, duplication, manual payment, etc.).
These rules must be enabled and configured according to the needs of the merchant.
With each call, the payment gateway transmits transaction details to the merchant website. This is called instant notification (or IPN as in Instant Payment Notification).
To guarantee the security of the exchange, the data is signed with a key known only to the merchant and the payment gateway.