Viewing the details of a transaction
Transactions can be viewed in the Expert Back Office via the Management > Transactions menu.
Reminder: for immediate payments, the capture delay is equal to zero. This means that the funds are captured directly. Therefore, there is no authorization.
The PayPal transaction appears directly in the Captured transactions tab.
- Select a PayPal transaction.
- Rick click and select Display transaction details.
Transactions details are presented by tab.
The Details tab is displayed by default.
The details include:
The PayPal transaction number
- Transaction type
Debit in case of a payment Credit in case of a refund
The transaction amount
The PayPal account of the buyer who performed the payment
The transaction status
Captured status for an accepted immediate payment.
In some cases, PayPal retains a transaction because of suspected fraud.
The payment appears in the Transactions in progress tab with the status Control in progress.
Once PayPal completes its verification process, the payment will either be accepted or refused.
If you have correctly enabled and configured the Instant Payment Notification URL on batch change notification rule, you will be informed of the final result.
The PayPal authentication tab informs you if the transaction is eligible for merchant protection.
- ELIGIBLEMerchant is protected by PayPal's Seller Protection Policy for unauthorized payments and Item Not Received.
- PARTIALLY_ELIGIBLEMerchant is protected by PayPal's Seller Protection Policy for Item Not Received.
- INELIGIBLEMerchant is not protected by PayPal's Seller Protection Policy for Item Not Received.
The tabs Shopping cart, Buyer and Delivery contain the data transmitted in your payment form.