Capture delay shorter than the authorization validity period
On the day of the order:
- The merchant site submits a payment request.
- The payment gateway initiates the cardholder’s authentication process with the issuer. The regulation imposes cardholder authentication for all CIT transactions.
- Once the authentication (challenge or frictionless) is completed, the gateway proceeds with the authorization request by providing the cardholder’s authentication details.
- The issuer generates a unique transaction identifier and transmits it in the response to the authorization request.
- The payment gateway notifies the merchant website about the payment result.
- If the transaction is submitted before the initial capture delay expires, the merchant modifies the capture date to D.
- If no action is taken on the transaction, the transaction is captured by the bank on the initially requested date.