Offering additional payment attempts
When a payment is refused, you have the possibility to offer the buyer to make another attempt with another payment method or to re-enter their data in case of a data entry error.
The number of additional attempts can be configured via the Expert Back Office:
- Go to Settings > Shop, then click on the name of the shop for which the configuration must be changed.
- Select Configuration.
- Enter the authorized number of additional attempts in case of a rejected payment.
If you configure 2 additional attempts, the buyer will be able to make 3 payment attempts in total.
- If you wish, you can configure an IPN that will be sent upon each rejected attempt by checking Instant Payment Notification URL on a declined attempt.
- Click Save.
- If the merchant has requested to automatically return to the shop via the vads_redirect_error_timeout field,
- If the payment is an installment payment.