Creating a token without payment
This case corresponds to a simple token creation.
The merchant website transmits buyer details to the payment gateway, in particular the e-mail address, which is mandatory.
- The buyer verifies the information displayed on the payment page.
He or she clicks on the payment method that will be registered.
The payment page displays the buyer details once again and prompts to enter the banking details.
If the buyer has selected a bank card, he or she enters:
- the card number,
- the card expiry month,
- the card expiry year,
- the CVV code of the card, if there is one.
The buyer clicks Validate.
As part of the implementation of PSD2, the cardholder will be required to undergo strong authentication.
If all the payment method verification processes have been successfully completed, the summary appears.It contains the newly created token. It can be later used for another financial operation.It is possible to send these details to the buyer by e-mail and receive:
Note:To find out how to send these details by e-mail, see chapter Configuring e-mails sent to the buyer.
- the confirmation of the registration of these banking details on the payment gateway of the shop,
- the buyer's token that they can later use for another financial operation.
- its amount is 1.00 EUR or 0.00 EUR, if supported by the acquirer,
- its status is either "Accepted" (vads_trans_status=ACCEPTED) or "Refused" (vads_trans_status=REFUSED),
- it is never captured and remains in the "Transactions is progress" tab.
The token will not be created if the authorization or information request is rejected.