Offering additional payment attempts
When a payment is refused, you have the possibility to offer the buyer to make another attempt with another payment method.
The number of additional attempts can be configured via the Expert Back Office:
- Go to Settings > Shop, then click on the name of the shop for which the configuration must be changed.
- Select Configuration.
- Enter the authorized number of additional attempts in case of a rejected payment.
If you configure 2 additional attempts, the buyer will be able to make 3 payment attempts in total.
- If you wish, you can configure an IPN that will be sent upon each rejected attempt by checking Instant Payment Notification URL on a declined attempt.
- Click Save.
- If the merchant has requested to automatically return to the shop via the vads_redirect_error_timeout field,
- If the payment is an installment payment,
If 1-Click payment is declined, the buyer will be prompted to choose a new payment method and enter their card details.
- the transaction will not be associated with the token transmitted in the request,
- the token will not be updated.