Creating a ‘Use a token to create a recurring payment’ form
Use case: using an existing and valid token to create a recurring payment.
No payments will be made during the subscription.
The first payment will be made once the due date is reached, between 12 a.m. and 5 a.m.
- Use all the fields presented in the table below to create your form.
Field name Description Format Value vads_page_action Action to perform enum SUBSCRIBE vads_ctx_mode Mode of interaction with the payment gateway enum TEST or PRODUCTION vads_action_mode Acquisition mode for payment method data enum INTERACTIVE vads_identifier (unique) token associated with a payment method. ans..50 E.g.: MyTokenNote : two possible formats:
- an32: if the identifier is generated by the payment gateway
- ans..50: if the identifier is generated by the merchant.
vads_site_id Shop ID n8 E.g.: 12345678 vads_sub_amount Amount of installments (in the smallest currency unit)
The amount of installments cannot be set to 0.
n..12 E.g.: 4525 for EUR 45.25 vads_sub_effect_date Subscription start date (or effective date) in the UTC time zone, in YYYYMMDD format. n8 E.g.: 20210601 vads_sub_currency Code of the currency used for the recurring payment. n3 E.g.: 978 for euro (EUR) vads_sub_desc Rule for recurring payments to apply according to the iCalendar RFC5545 specification.If you request the creation of a recurring payment to debit the payment method holder daily (RRULE:FREQ=DAILY;INTERVAL=1), and the requested effective date ( vads_sub_effect_date) corresponds to the recurring payment creation date, then when the payment gateway processes this recurring payment the following morning (between midnight and 5a.m.), 2 payments will be created:
- The payment from the previous day (that corresponds to the effective date)
- And the payment from the current day
To avoid this, it is recommended to transmit an effective date on the day after the recurring payment is created.
Recurring payments can be made daily, weekly or monthly.
It is possible to specify the number of the day or the month (e.g. “the 10th of the month”, “every 3 months”).
Note: the string must not contain space characters.Examples:
- In order to define a weekly recurring payment:
- In order to define a recurring payment every two weeks, on the same day and every 7 days:
- To schedule installment payments on the last day of each month for 12 months:
RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY; BYMONTHDAY=28,29,30,31; BYSETPOS=-1;COUNT=12
- To schedule installment payments on the 10th of each month for 12 months:
vads_trans_date Date and time of the payment form in UTC format n14
Respect the YYYYMMDDHHMMSS formatE.g.: 20200101130025
vads_version Version of the exchange protocol with the payment gateway enum V2 signature Signature guaranteeing the integrity of the requests exchanged between the merchant website and the payment gateway. ans..44 Compute the value of the signature field using all the fields of your form starting with vads_ (see chapter Computing the signature).The vads_sub_effect_date time value must not be in the past.
- Add optional fields according to your requirements (see chapter Using additional features).
The list of fields returned in the notification is described in the chapter Creating a recurring payment.