Using a token to create a recurring payment
Once a token has been created, it is possible to add one or several additional recurring payments that will use this token.
After a new recurring payment has been created, no banking detail entry will be requested. Only a confirmation on the buyer's part will be needed.
No payments will be made during the subscription. Only an information request will be made in order to validate the payment method details.
The first payment will be made once the due date is reached, between 12 a.m. and 5 a.m.
On the day of the order:
- The merchant site submits a subscription request using an existing alias.
The buyer checks the recurring payment details and confirms.
- The payment gateway notifies the merchant website about the result.
The gateway displays the receipt to the buyer. Among other things, it contains the recurring payment amounts.If you have configured the corresponding notification rules, the buyer will receive an e-mail with the confirmation of the recurring payment registration.
Upon each installment:
- The payment gateway performs an authorization request for the installment amount, providing the initial transaction identifier (ITC) as a chaining reference.
- The issuer recognizes the transaction as a MIT that is part of a series of payments for which the cardholder has previously authenticated themselves and proceeds with the authorization request.
The transaction will not be rejected for lack of authentication (soft decline).
- If the merchant has enabled the notification rule Instant Payment Notification URL when creating recurring payments, the payment gateway notifies the merchant site of the payment result.